Veterinary jobs in Atoka, TN
Thank you for considering joining the English Veterinary Care team! Learn more about our available job positions below.
Living in Atoka, TN
Conveniently located 25 miles north of Memphis, and minutes from Millington Naval Air Station, Atoka is all about community! Enjoy getting to know your neighbors at pop-up farmers markets, food truck festivals, movie nights in the park, and holiday festivities around town. Explore several parks where you can enjoy the beauty of all four seasons. With an affordable cost of living and numerous schools, Atoka makes for a great place to raise a family.
If you enjoy the pace of the city, take the short drive to Memphis. Whether you are a sports fan, music enthusiast, zoo lover, or prefer shopping, all and more are within reach! When you have experienced enough city life to fill your bucket, return home and listen to the crickets as they sing you to sleep!
About Working at English Veterinary Care
At English Veterinary Care, we specialize in animal care for small and large animals. Our services are comprehensive, offering a lifetime of support and care to your animal companion. From puppy and kitten wellness care to ongoing health maintenance as your pet ages to specialized senior care during the golden years. When the time comes to usher your loved one over the Rainbow Bridge, we’ll be right by your side to help you say goodbye. Our goal is to become more than just your family vet, but your trusted partner with the shared objective of helping your four-legged friend enjoy as many happy, healthy years.
At English Veterinary Care, we are seeking an Associate Veterinarian who is looking for the opportunity to join our practice, where we focus on educating clients on the highest quality care and the importance of building lifelong relationships with pets and pet owners. The best part of our practice is that you will be supported by a skilled and collaborative team in a relaxed environment!
Our experienced and tenured support staff will allow you to focus on patient care and provide an excellent client experience. Our clientele is highly invested in their pet’s health and will follow through with your recommendations, allowing you to practice high-quality medicine. Our team is excited to add an associate doctor to continue our legacy of providing quality care to our patients in the community.
We welcome veterinarians of all experience levels, as our doctor is enthusiastic to share their knowledge and mentor a recent graduate in all aspects of general practice!
At English Veterinary Care, our mission is to improve the lives of our veterinarians by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- Career path opportunities for leadership/management
- Flexible schedule
- Customized mentorship plan
- Substantial paid time off
- Medical and professional liability insurance
- Optional dental, vision, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) or Roth(k) with match
- CE Allowances
- Relocation Assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age non-disqualifying or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
- Patience & Compassion: Remaining professional in all situations to ensure that doctors, teammates, clients, and patients feel as comfortable as possible. Responding quickly and calmly to crises while maintaining a high standard of patient care.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Carefully coordinating actions with doctors and practice team members. Providing feedback appropriately and in a timely manner. Quickly incorporating feedback to ensure positive results. Sharing ideas and being open to other’s ideas.
- Communicating: Conveying instructions to clients and teammates to ensure successful patient care.
- Active Listening: Following the instructions of doctors and sometimes patient owners. Picking up the needs of doctors and teammates based on prior experiences and feedback.
- Organization Skills: Clear tracking of lab specimens, medications, patient instructions, workflow, and other job-related items while managing multiple patients and clients.
- Client Satisfaction: Ensuring all activities and interactions result in the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Reviews medical records and notes made by the Customer Service Representative and doctors to determine the nature of the visit and any tests or procedures needed.
- Ensures all procedures rendered during the visit are documented for proper billing; ensures all vaccinations, procedures, notes, etc. have been documented in the medical record.
- Demonstrates warmth, courtesy, and professionalism in all interactions with clients and exercises compassion and care in all interactions with patients.
- Communicates with clients regarding the medical status of the patient; provides accurate information to clients concerning fees, hospital policies, and procedures.
- Prepares clients for patient procedures and provides post-procedure instructions, including proper care of the patient, rest, diet, and administering medications.
- Educates clients regarding preventive medicine and vaccination requirements; provides handouts and educational materials to support recommendations.
- Recommends laboratory procedures, including pre-anesthetic profiles, geriatric screening, fecal, urinalysis, heartworm checks, FeLV testing, per the doctor’s preferred protocols and direction.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance; dental insurance; vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Bonus incentive
- Flexible work schedules
- Career and professional development
- CE opportunities